Manchester Tool & Die
The Manchester Tool & Die started in business at 124 South Macomb St. in the garage of Clarence Fielder and the firm was incorporated in 1954. Eugene Bentschneider, now vice president, was the first to give up his regular job to work full time for Tool & Die. Fielder is president and Ted Stautz is secretary-treasurer.
They put up a 900 sq. ft. building in 1955 at the present location at 110 Division St., Manchester, one block from the High School.
As the business expanded, three additions have been added. The cement block structure has 6,000 sq. ft. of working area.
The company's 16 employees produce blanking and form dies for all types of metal parts, trim dies, die cast parts and special machinery and fixtures for various applications.